Most of us have now encountered someone who appeared to be talking to themselves, but was really talking on a bluetooth headset. It’s difficult to tell if they’re crazy or talking on the headset. Bob Franquiz has a fun, short, little answer to the dilemma .
Since we have been a Preston, we have received several unique music boxes and this year was no exception. By the way, Pam is a collector of music boxes, so these have added to her collection. She tried explaining this gift to her mom, but I guess we’ll have to use video.
Thank you to Rebecca, for letting me use her new digital camera w/video.
My daughter Rebecca attends Southern Wesleyan University. As a nice way to say Merry Christmas to the choir, her choir director sent her a link to the video below. It’s a men’s a capella group from Indiana University. These guys are really good.
My daughter Anna left a sheet with some interesting quotes on the table beside the computer. It had some interesting quotes. I love the last one.
- No good movie is too long; no bad movie is too short. — Roger Ebert
- Some people are so open-minded that their brains fall out. — Rick Warren
- Hollywood can’t write stuff like this! — Dad (talking about the Bible)
- Soprano 1 is the worst vocal range ever. Those sopranos think they are so great; like hitting an A flat is a big deal — Me. (Anna). Ironically, Anna is a Soprano 1.
I got a great laugh out of these and it provided a much needed comic relief this morning. I did think it interesting that I was listed — I guess it shows I’m getting through.
Check out the full list at the above link, but here are some of my favorite
Top Ten Pickup Lines
- “Paul said that it was better to marry than to burn. Therefore, I am under God’s mandate to marry you.”
- ”Your name must be grace, because you are irresistible.”
- “Until this moment, I thought I had the gift of singleness.”
- “I noticed you crying during alter call, can I help?”
- While giving her a TULIP say, ”This Totally depraved person has been Unconditionally drawn to you, Limiting himself to your Irresistible beauty that is Persevering beyond all others.”
- “Well, gouge out my eyes and cut off my hands. If I hang around you much longer, I won’t have any limbs left.”
- “You must have missed The Fall line, because you are lookin’ righteous.”
- Sing this to the tune of George Strait’s “Chair”: “Excuse me, but I think you’ve got my rib.”
- To paraphrase John Wesley: “When I saw you I felt my heart strangely warmed.”
Keeping it light this Friday.
Today I was reminded by my daughter that she attends Southern Wesleyan University. She didn’t like me posting the clip the other day from rival Indiana Wesleyan’s Chorale. She is in the choir at SWU and they will be touring this fall. I’m hoping they’ll be close enough for us to go see them. So Rebecca, here’s a plug for SWU
And if I get a video clip that I can upload, I’ll show off your choir too. Love you!
Many years ago, in the dinosaur ages of Christian Rock, the band, Servant wrote the song “Jungle Music.” It was a song defending the use of “Christian Rock.” The song finishes with a dialog which worked in most of the current, at the time, Christian artists and the titles of some of their albums.
In that vein, my daughter Anna became inspired and wrote a letter that does something similar.
U2 must be having fun at Jeremy Camp. I hope you will remain Kutless in your adventures. Did you about this New Breed? It started in Israel. Thursday, this BarlowGirl came up to me and told me about it. There is a Hawk named Nelson flying around the neighborhood. The Third Day you were at camp, we had a Sonicflood. It ruined all the Jars of Clay. Did you have any GRITS yet? Late Tuesday, I thought I was going to be a Dead Poetic. I was really Delirious. Did you hear about the new Switchfoot operation? It is cool. Norma and Jean if I can tell you. Project 86 you will have to be Reliant K. I have to stay Underoath. As I Lay Dying, all I can say is MercyMe.
Wednesday night at my in-laws, we played something called UNO Attack. It was a unique version of the card game UNO. We played it with about 12 people around the table. It has a card dealer that will either spit out no cards or a random amount of cards. Before we were around the table twice the 3 of us at one end of the table had twice as many cards as we started with. It wasn’t long until we had three times as many cards. I came no where close to winning the game and that’s alright. I had a lot of fun spending time with the families that had gathered there.
There are just times when you need to spend time with the family and last Wednesday night was one of them. We had a lot of fun even though we got a little loud for my Mother-in-Law.