Here we are at 4:30 on a Sunday evening – a very good Sunday – following up on a good week. As I write, I am listening to a playlist on Spotify that I’ve made up and it consists of some of my favorite worship songs – along with some classics – such as “Easter Song” by 2nd Chapter of Acts. Currently This I Believe (The Creed) is playing. Each Sunday, I come back over and clean up the platform of mics and cables and music, so that one of of couples can come clean and not have to deal with vacuuming around all the stuff. That job is done. As I have already written, it’s been a good day.
- This week started off with District Conference. It was our first conference in the Chesapeake District and it was hosted by Emmanuel Wesleyan in Salisbury. I drove with Pam and our two delegates – one lay – one alternate. It was good to catch up with some old friends from FLAME and old classmates from Pam’s UWC days. It was an inspiring 5 or six hours. Following conference we had a celebration of ministry, honoring those who hit certain milestones – time wise in ministry. We also honored those who were retiring. Several from our church came to honor the former pastor here at The Journey – who retired this past year. Following that, we had ordination and that is always a special time. At the end of conference and ordination, the delegation from The Journey headed over to Olive Garden and we had a great time of fellowship.
- Last week I managed to catch the corner of a railroad warning sign with the church riding mower. One of the men from church came over to fix it. We did have to take the deck to get the bracket rewelded – but it was also a bit rusty. When we got it back the next day, we put some new blades on it and cleaned up the deck. It is always good to spend time with church people – especially working together with them. When it comes to mechanical stuff, I watch and learn.
- We had a couple of days break from the hot and humid stuff mid-week, but by this weekend it was back. It looks like the hot and humid is here to stay at least through Fourth of July.
- Yesterday, we again had a booth at the Millsboro Farmers Market. One of the purposes is to build relationships with our community and I think we did a good job at that yesterday. I really do believe that we are going to see fruit from that. We are also planning to do a Back-to-School supplies drive for the local middle school in August. All morning the weather threatened. At 11:45, we decided to start breaking down, and I’m glad we did. We barely had all the things put away when the skies opened up. But in reality, we were already soaked from the heat and humidity.
- All that brings us to today – we had a great service today. It started as we prayed with our Wesleyan pastor friends and then the Spirit moved during our service. It was really amazing and I was emotional as I lead worship and even as I preached. I challenged our congregation to make a list of those who need Jesus and then pray for them and see how the Lord leads.
So that about wraps up the week. At least the important stuff. As I finish writing this, I am listening to Rend Collective’s Build Your Kingdom Here. That’s what it is all about – building the Kingdom of God. Our world needs revival and we need the Lord. Have a great week! Seize the Day!