- Today is Father’s Day and I was thankful to be able to call my dad and wish him well on this day. I know not everyone has that opportunity. I am thankful for the godly legacy that was given to me by my dad – I am thankful for the godly legacy that Pam’s dad left. I am also thankful for the legacy passed on by my grandfather. My name for him was Pop and it’s the name that I have asked Robert to call me. I want to leave a legacy for my children and grandchildren, just like the legacy given to me.
- It has been an interesting weekend with several highlights
- Last night I had the opportunity to pick up part of the missions team from Parkway Wesleyan Church from the airport in Charlottesville. They were returning from El Salvador after a week of ministry there. It was good to see my dear friends and help them make the final leg of their trip home. The trip reminded me of a similar trip several years ago – traveling to Reagan National at midnight and coming home to the light of a full moon – just like last night.
- I have just gotten home from spending time with a dear friend of mine – Wayne Richards. He is traveling from New York to North Carolina for Wesleyan Publishing House as part of their summer conference tour. It was good to catch up and let him know what is going on in our life and catch up on his family’s life as well. We became good friends while I was attending FLAME.
- For Father’s Day, my kids got me a new Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS watch. This allows me to keep track of my runs in real time – I have pacing and distance information right on my wrist – instead of having to calculate it in my head and know all the mile markers. This is very cool and I am thankful for my gift.
- This morning we worshiped at Waynesboro Wesleyan and the spirit was wonderful as we sang – we celebrated our heavenly Father.
- This coming weekend begins our “Farewell Tour” so to speak. Good friends of ours have organized a party on Saturday. I am looking forward to getting together with good friends. Then on Sunday, some ladies from our former church are taking us out to eat. This is just some of the events planned for us in the next several weeks.
- Yes, the house is getting packed and there are boxes everywhere.
- Just 35 days remain until our first Sunday in Eldred – the deadline is really starting to loom large on the horizon.
- That’s about all I have for tonight.
Have a great week!