Those of you who follow me on Facebook know that I already posted this video over there this morning. Sometimes running and working out brings out some strange thoughts. I had finished an intense 4 mile run and 1.7 mile walk and was doing my stretching and upper body workouts, which also includes a set of leg presses (100 to be exact.) While I was doing that, I thought how incredibly blessed I am. I especially thought of these last three years since we moved to Staunton. I’ll probably share more specifically about that at the end of the month, because at the end of the month I hit a significant milestone.
After finishing up my workout, I went into the car. Our “local” (local – sort of – they are based out of Lynchburg, but have transmitters and translator throughout Southwestern Virginia.) Christian radio station is celebrating its 18th birthday today. I got back into the car and a lady was sharing via telephone how Spirit FM had blessed her. Immediately the dj’s started playing the song “Blessings” by Laura Story and immediately I thought how God has blessed me. God is good. While the song does talk about trials – and we have been through some trials over the years – currently the river seems pretty calm. As the song was playing, I thought of how God has blessed me and my family. Tonight, I thought I would share some of those blessings.
- First and foremost – God – I owe everything to Him, after all, He saved my from myself. I thank God for creating the world. Jesus for saving humans, and the Holy Spirit for guiding us in this Christian life.
- Second – my wife, Pam – she is an amazing person, and I love her with all my heart. She is an amazing mom and an amazing pastor. I love you very much and my life is blessed because you are a part of it.
- My children: I thank God for my children – Rebecca and Michael (and thankful for Michael’s godly parents) and the child they are expecting; Anna and James. I love the fact that they love the Lord and his church and are serving Him.
- My parents and Pam’s parents – Because of their example, Pam and I have an example for our children. Thank you for your investment in me. Related to that is our brothers and sisters. You are a blessing to us.
- Our church – both Parkway and the Wesleyan Church – it is a privilege to serve and we are blessed to serve our church.
- Our lead pastor – Barry Lawson – his gentle persuasion, literally changed my life. What a godly example of a leader!
- Our many friends – here in Staunton and literally around the world….there are way too many to list here, but one I would mention is my good friend Wayne Richards. Thank you for investing in my life – thank you for the blessing you are to me. I can’t wait to be in Frankfort next week.
This list could go on for a long time, but this post is almost 500 words already. I praise the Lord for his many, many, many blessings!