- Wow! God is moving — not only here at Parkway, but I saw that God did some great things at other churches in our district today. These are exciting times. More on that in a minute.
- We are having some crazy weather around here. 8 inches of snow in 4 hours on Wednesday night. Two almost normal temp days along with sunny skies put some serious hurt on the snow. Then two days of above normal temps have made the 8 inches of snow almost disappear, but there is in the forecast more nasty weather — this time in the form of sleet/freezing rain/rain — over the next three days. Should be interesting. Last year at this time, we were getting ready for the BIG storm that occurred over SuperBowl weekend.
- The weather was nice enough to go out for a run in just a long sleeve shirt and shorts. I love it. I am slowly building up my mileage in training for the Park to Park Half-Marathon at the end of April
- We had a good showing at the “To Save A Life” movie last night and at least one person prayed with a counselor. If only one life is changed, it is worth it. Several who were at the movie last night, were in worship with us this morning.
- This week slows down compared to the last several weeks and I am excited about that. It will give me a chance to catch up and develop a clear picture of where God is wanting us to go in the area of Worship Arts and Student Ministries.
- Getting back to my opening statement. This morning was amazing and completely a God thing. The Holy Spirit’s presence was very apparent. The worship team was ON! The congregation sang like I never heard them. Pastor Barry preached an amazing message on The Powerful Cross. People responded at the challenge.
- Our worship team always gets together before the service to pray. During that prayer, I handed over the bunch of little details that just seemed to get in the way and were determined to take our minds off the purpose of being there.
- As we finished praying, God reminded me that it is in our weakness that He works through us. That became the leaping off point for this morning’s worship. I handed every thing to Him and became obedient and the rest was amazing. God deserves all the glory for the service that He orchestrated to me. I am humbled to be part of it.
- Time to wrap this up and get ready to get some much deserved sleep.
Seize the Day!