This week I have been relating to you messages from our District Conference and Power Rally events. Our Power Rally is really a two night campmeeting event. I enjoyed the worship and fellowship that the rallies bring.
Monday night Steve Wilson spoke on being on holy ground. His message was based on Exodus 3:1-6. Our desire as believers should be do live on holy ground (or time spent in His presence.) Sometimes we wonder how to get to God. Not that we don’t want to be there, but that we get lost. So to live in God’s presence on holy ground, what do you need to do?
- Find the “far side” of your desert.
- Moses was literally and figuratively far from home. The best thing that could happen was a “far side” experience. God has your attention. This may be where God wants you.
- God must ignite us.
- Whenever God is near something it is on fire
- Moses had to be on fire for God. In order to stand on holy ground we must be on fire for God.
- We can’t save the world from God’s fire without being on fire for God — Save us from our apathy.
- Don’t be afraid of strange things
- — the bush didn’t burn up–
- God is God — God does in our midst things he has never done before
- If God is in it I want to be in it.
- Hear what God is calling us
- Moses = plucked out
- God wanted to do to Moses what Pharoah’s daughter did to Moses.
- God wanted to give him purpose — He wants to do the same for you.
- You must be willing to take something off.
- What if Moses hadn’t
- He would have never stood on holy ground
- Sin and dirty items must come off — When God says it has to go — it has to go.
- I must leave something behind — if I want to live the life God wants me to live.
This was a powerful message. It was challenging even in my own life. How many times do things get in the way of me standing on holy ground? What is in the way of me standing on holy ground.? I want to be the man of God he his calling me to be.